Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some experimentation and some prayer


I decided to slightly format the blog a little bit, just to see if I like it. I might change it back if it doesn't grow on me.

Anyway, throughout the next week and a half or so, I'm going to try something different with my blog by actually using my blog as one of my prayer periods this upcoming week (I'll at least try to anyway). Specifically, then, my postings will be prayer writings, just to see what comes of it.



Lord, I call to mind at this moment that you are with me, looking upon me with tender love and mercy. I place myself in your presence, breathing in your Holy Spirit, the gift of life that is my inspiration.

Lead me, guide me this day, and always, that all that I do, all that I speak, all that I think and feel, my entire being, may be directed and formed by you.

I seek this day to cultivate the fields of my soul. In this Easter season, please spread your seeds of life into my being and nourish them with your everlasting water. You are my shepherd, my farmer, in whom I trust to create in me the life I am meant to live. Help me to be mindful of this inner field, to always create good and fertile soil for your work. Help me to be conscientious of the ways in which I poison and destroy the foundation for your work in me.

Lord, young chicks sing their song of joy this day outside my window. Trees are beginning to spread their wings in full bloom. Great and beautiful are your works. Awesome and wonderful are your creations. I rejoice and give thanks for all that you have given me and our world.

Yet, so many in our world are suffering, are filled with hate. Many are downtrodden and struggle to live this day. Please form hearts within us that seek to give care to one another, that we may look upon one another as you look upon us. Create in us hearts of mercy, hearts of love, impel us to greater service for our fellow brothers and sisters.

Lord, I seek to be at my best for your people, to imitate through your example, poor that I am. But, as you called your disciples as they are, so also you call me as I am. Help me to cultivate my gifts and talents, yet also help me to rely on you and others in my own weakness, that my weakness may be your strength.

As I pray, I know that you smile upon me, inspiring me with your life-giving breath. As I go forward this day, may I always be rooted in grounded in you. May I go forth as the person you created me to be. Amen. AMDG

No comments: